To read the full article and watch the video, click here.
The video covers the following topics:
- Why DV Modeling over 3NF or Star Schema
- Issues with Star Schema and Kimball Bus as an Enterprise Data Architecture
- Hybrid Data Architecture that includes NoSQL/NewSQL Data Lakes and Landing Zones
- Definition of Data Vault 2.0
- What a Data Vault model really looks like
- How Data Vault models are Incrementally built
- Why Data Vault Methodology leads to agility
- Case studies of GDPR, Big Data sets (2.2 billion records per hour, real-time), Agility and productivity, Reduction of maintenance costs
- And finishes up with: common pushback and issues business face when looking to go the Data Vault route.